Mull Spices (Red Wine Version)
A Kombucha Xmas Wine - 'Spiced up'
Ingredients (3 Servings) - Approx. 7% Alc (1.3 STD Drinks Per Serve):
- 330ml Mull Spices Kombucha: Already containing most the spices needed makes this recipe SUPER easy.
- 360ml Dry Red Wine: Merlot for example is a great wine to use.
- 30ml Apple Cider Vinegar: Using half an orange will provide the tang needed for 2 cocktails.
- 1 Large Orange: Using zest as well as a splash of the orange juice for zing.
(Substitute Dry Red Wine with Red Grape Juice for alcohol-free recipe)
Optional Flavour Bits:
- Fresh Cranberries
- Strips of orange zest
- Squeeze of orange juice
- A cinnamon stick.
- Star Anise
- A sprig of fresh rosemary
How to Prepare:
Step 1: Zest the orange with a vegetable peeler to get slices of zest.
Step 2: In a saucepan over medium heat combine the red wine (or red grape juice), Mull Spices Kombucha, apple cider and juice from the zested orange. Do not let boil; bring to light simmer and serve warm.
Step 3: Pour into mugs & garnish as desired with the zest & any other optional bits.
Amazing whether the occasion is being curled up on the couch during a cold winter night, enjoying a book, your favourite winter TV show or some music with family / friends.
As always, cocktails & mocktails serve best with friends.