Chocolate Kefir Mousse
Chocolate Kefir Mousse -
Something no fussy eater can refuse.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1/2 Ripe Medium Avocado: This makes the mix smooth & emulsifies the ingredients.
- 1/3 Tub Cocomilk Kefir: This is a creamy & strong probiotic with a very light tang. So its 'kid friendly'.
- 4 Dessertspoons of Our Sweet Cacao Mix or 3 Tablespoon Raw Cacao Powder: Here's the chocolate flavour without any dairy or sugar - that's healthy!
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil: Well, this really creams up the mixture.
- 2-3 Teaspoons Vegetable Glycerin: As it sweetens the mix, and may prevent freezing in the freezer for a time.
Optional Flavour Bits:
- 1 Teaspoon Marsala Per Mix - This much Marsala makes for 0.5% alcohol, which is still less than a ripe orange (Please, look it up)
- Sliced Fruits
- Crushed Nuts
- Cacao Nibs
- Cacao Powder (Sprinkled)
How to Prepare:
Step 1: Whisk all main ingredients (including Marsala if chosen) until light & fluffy.
Step 2: Layer into bowls or cups, garnish with fruit, crushed nuts, cacao nibs, raw cacao powder or extra Cocomilk Kefir.
Step 3: Chill for 1 hour.
This mousse goes great with sliced banana, fresh berries, nuts, granola or by itself - can be put into a jar or travel mug for those cravings at work.
Almond wafers or sticks - a little naughty but never disappointing.
This recipe does not contain any Mouses nor Mooses.