5+ Ideas - Free Health
This page is started but not finished.
This will be a 'Why To' & a 'How To' article.
But, we will give ideas for checking everything (Rule#1).
Keywords (i.e. rabbit-holes) are already here for curious minds.
Rule #1: Check everything for yourself.
Rule #2: Just do it easily & maybe you'll keep doing it.
Rule #3: Please email us any criticisms, corrections & suggestions.
Our Aim: Avoid basic illness, trauma (physical/mental) & unnecessary medical interventions - Make very easy (do anywhere) suggestions - Stick to the physiology (not the clinical fairy-tales) - fun facts.
'5+' easy & essential things that improve everyone's health...
1 - Happy Lungs (& Sinuses... Guts... Thoughts) Biology-based Advice from...
Stig Severinsen (biologist & former world record holder),
Belisa Vranich (psychologist & security? consultant),
Neema Moraveji (pychologist & Stanford Academic),
Max Strom (life coach & breath instructor),
Alex Weil (Harvard Academic & 4,7,8 breathing originator) &
Joe DiSefano (sports & performance consultant)
Basic breath-ercise??? :
- Sit in armchair - Head up - Shoulders back - Elbows out
- Fingers on cheeks - Block one nostril - Close mouth - Fill big & quickly (belly firstly then upper chest)
- Shoulder blades together - Flap that diaphragm (Suck-in via mouth)
- Hold for '5' - Hum slowly Out (don't quite empty)
- Stay in the chair... & Repeat!
- Unblocking that nose
- 3 minutes, 3 days, 3 weeks
- Heart Rate Variability Flight, Fright or Freeze vs Rest & Digest.
Clearing & Cleaning:
- Light coughing & humming
- nasal sprays/rinses/vapour
- Lung-ercise ???.
2 - NIR (near infra red) & UVB (ultraviolet-B)
- NIR in shady green spaces - UV on long bones - Short times at noon - Supplements from mid-autumn to mid-spring.
3 - Slothy Exercises
- Avoiding 'big medicine' - Warm up - Stretch up - Light resistance - Mild muscle failure (MMF) - Warm down - Stretch down.
- Overview of recruitment (speed/strength/balance)
- Rotation of usage - Rotation of loading (Start-off/load-up/Taper-down)
Note: Rotation of loading is a major principle for all exercise ideas. It can apply to a weekly routine, the day's program or just one particular exercise/movement. It depends on the incidence of effort, of recovery & even restarting after longer breaks.
4 - SleepzzZ
- Rise with the shine - Caffeine curfews
- Dine like a pauper - Evening constitutionals
- Blue screen curfews - Low tech bedroom
- Mental Ataraxis (non verbal nor visual relaxation)
- The firm mattress - Armpit sleeping.
5 - Easy LC (low carb) Eating
Glycosylation/Glycation - Easy morning fasts
- King, prince & pauper meals
- Fats at midday, carbs at afternoon-tea & snacks/treats for dinner
- Franken-Foods (reassembled or changed)
- Throw together recipes
- Gut & mucosal immune regulation
- Fermentable & Unfermentable fibre, Simple supplements
- Intracellular antioxidents (using NAC & Sulforaphane).
'5+' - Light Sweating & Mild Cold Therapy
- Don't Panic, it's easy... can be done in a chair!...
'5+' Ideas - FAQs
- I'm tired how do I start? - Backdoor muscle energy
- Lazy stretches - easy warm ups.
I don't live near a park nor have a backyard for exercising
- Anytime/anywhere exercises = Bedroom/Living-room/Work-place.
- Can I over-do it? MMF is the key
- Resistance bands stop shock-loading - Feeling your way.